Emerick On John's Personality Change In 1967
Norbert
2024-08-16 15:59:37 UTC
"By now [1967, after 'Lucy In the Sky' was finished], it was evident
that John's personality was changing. Instead of being opinionated
about everything, he was becoming complacent; in fact, he seemed quite
content to have someone else do his thinking for him, even when he was
working on one of his own songs. By the spring of 1967, he was becoming
increasingly disengaged, and that would more or less continue until the
end of the Beatles' career."

-- Geoff Emerick, quoted from Here, There, and Everywhere

I've personally seen this happen to people too many times. I've had
acquaintances fry their minds on dope and metamorphose into
Trump-mimicking Q-Anon freaks. I had a neighbor go senile and start
boasting about his days in the Army battling the South Koreans. I've
witnessed people joining cults and allowing fellow crackpots tell them
how to spend money and mistreat family members.
pamina58
2024-08-18 19:09:34 UTC
Let's see...
We have Yoko as John
and
Paul as John
and now we also have
Norbert as John's shrink...:-)
Norbert
2024-08-18 19:21:37 UTC
I quoted Emerick, who was a direct witness to the changes in Lennon's
behavior.

Since you want to get personal, in fact I have studied some psychology
and psychiatry. However, one doesn't need any expertise to be aware of
the harmful effects of "eating acid like candy," which is how John
described his overindulgence of the drug.
pamina58
2024-08-19 18:29:31 UTC
I think your opinion falls prey to the fallacy of false alternatives.
Yoko had already sunk her fangs into John by that time. I think she was
causing him to consume toxic substances of some sort without his
knowledge or permission, designed to keep him submissive. What Emerick
said could be evidence of this...
pamina58
2024-08-19 18:32:47 UTC
In addition, I wouldn't be surprised if May was also causing John to
ingest substances of some sort without his knowledge or permission, as
part of her deal with Yoko. I think that is why John was not allowed to
be alone. He had to have a minder with him at all times; otherwise
Yoko's carefully constructed torture to keep John would have fallen
apart...
Norbert
2024-08-19 20:15:35 UTC
No, May frowned upon John's use of hard drugs and liquor. She'd chide
him when catching him slip a flask of vodka into his pocket for the
Spector sessions, and he'd sneak into another room to do cocaine.

Just look at Lennon-with-May versus John-and-Yoko. The former was 100%
healthier-looking.
pamina58
2024-08-20 12:03:19 UTC
My point is that I don't think Yoko would have let May spend a day alone
with John unless she had extracted from May a promise that she would
continue to cause John to consume substances without his knowledge or
permission in order to keep him submissive...
Geoff
2024-08-20 09:38:30 UTC
Post by pamina58
In addition, I wouldn't be surprised if May was also causing John to
ingest substances of some sort without his knowledge or permission, as
part of her deal with Yoko.  I think that is why John was not allowed to
be alone. He had to have a minder with him at all times; otherwise
Yoko's carefully constructed torture to keep John would have fallen
apart...
Yes, John was just an innocent gullible victim ? Yeah right....

geoff
pamina58
2024-08-20 12:09:15 UTC
I see John as a victim. I see the cover-up of what was really happening
as "blame the victim"...
Norbert
2024-08-20 12:31:21 UTC
Where do you get these paranoid notions about Lennon?

I think May was a good person who wanted John to be healthy and active.
pamina58
2024-08-21 10:10:30 UTC
It seems you may be attempting to whitewash May's role as John's minder,
per Yoko's instructions, which very likely could have included causing
John to continue to consume substances without his knowledge or
permission designed to keep him submissive...
Norbert
2024-08-21 10:31:30 UTC
You're overstating Yoko's control over May. In her book, May describes
numerous phone calls she received from an enraged Ono. These occurred
after the Troubadour incidents -- and after Lennon evinced knowledge of
Yoko's intimacy with David Spiozza.

If Yoko's control over May were as total as you suppose, why did May
write her memoir? The book had Yoko insane with anger. Indeed, Yoko
sent Mintz out to make the stupid claim that he had "documentary
evidence" that everything in the book was false.

(Needless to say, Mintz never divulged a single document, and as time
went on, he acknowledged the truth of many o May's accounts.)
pamina58
2024-08-22 17:26:15 UTC
May documents John's rages when she was his minder. I think that may
show that he at some level may have understood to some extent that she
had also betrayed him.
Norbert
2024-08-22 21:04:49 UTC
I'm not sure if I'm following, but you seem to be saying that John's
rages were caused by his knowledge that *May* had betrayed him? Yoko's
jumping into bed with multiple other guys; May is utterly faithful to
him; and you think the rages were directed at May?
pamina58
2024-08-23 18:14:22 UTC
Yes, that even May was a part of the betrayal...
Norbert
2024-08-23 18:52:48 UTC
No, I don't buy it. May encouraged John's social and artistic lives --
the last thing Ono wanted.

In fact, with May's companionship, John created the best of his
post-Beatles work (W&B) and attained his first #1 selling single and
album.

John was off the heroin and methadone when with May.

And -- there's the clincher -- May was encouraging John to be friends
with McCartney again. That was the last thing Ono wanted. Indeed, the
prospect of Lennon and Ono working together, which had become a
possibility, what with John and May's plans to meet with McCartney in
the studio in New Orleans -- is what droe Ono to physically intervene
and become pregnant by John.

Lennon's life with May was in stark contrast to what it was under the
controlling, narcissistic Yoko.
pamina58
2024-08-25 19:34:53 UTC
I see May and Yoko as good cop, bad cop...
Norbert
2024-08-25 19:48:21 UTC
They were not working in concert. Lennon's music was his life. When he
was with May, his work thrived; when he returned to Yoko, it ceased.
And he returned to heroin.
pamina58
2024-08-26 17:57:02 UTC
I think the goal of May and Yoko as his minders was to cheat John out of
his original destiny.
pamina58
2024-08-30 18:02:00 UTC
Fortunately, Mozart was able to take into account the shenanigens of
May, Yoko and any others who might have been involved...

Geoff
2024-08-21 21:59:45 UTC
Post by pamina58
It seems you may be attempting to whitewash May's role as John's minder,
per Yoko's instructions, which very likely could have included causing
John to continue to consume substances without his knowledge or
permission designed to keep him submissive...
"Without his knowledge"!

What planet are you on ? He was a conscious and wilful drug abuser.

geoff
pamina58
2024-08-22 17:45:46 UTC
How do we know which came first, the chicken or the egg? John could have
been caused to ingest substances without his knowledge or permission
even before he turned to drugs.
Norbert
2024-08-19 20:13:03 UTC
No, John's "eating acid like candy" preceded Yoko and made him
susceptible to such predators, who also included "Magic" Alex Mardas and
the Maharishi.

Yoko turned Lennon into a junkie, I'll agree to that.

Creepily, they John and Yoko became smack addicts again almost as soon
as John returned to the Dakota after his years with May. It's as if
they couldn't stand each other sober.