OT: This Day In History
Norbert
2024-07-21 13:47:04 UTC
In 1999, Navy divers found and recovered the bodies of JFK Junior, his
wife, Carolyn, and her sister-in-law, Lauren Bessette, in the wreckage
of Kennedy's plane in the Atlantic Ocean off Martha's Vinyard.

-- I was happy to be reminded of this, because I live in a part of
Massachusetts where the public schools are so bad and the dope
dispensaries so numerous that I can barely go a day without encountering
shuffling-stepped, glazed-eyed freaks murmuring in monotones about JFK
Jr's supposed imminent return and endorsement of Trump.

For one thing, JFK Jr. wasn't a politician; he was a failing magazine
publisher. For another thing, he's been dead for 25 years.
super70s
2024-07-23 05:20:22 UTC
Post by Norbert
In 1999, Navy divers found and recovered the bodies of JFK Junior, his
wife, Carolyn, and her sister-in-law, Lauren Bessette, in the wreckage
of Kennedy's plane in the Atlantic Ocean off Martha's Vinyard.
-- I was happy to be reminded of this, because I live in a part of
Massachusetts where the public schools are so bad and the dope
dispensaries so numerous that I can barely go a day without encountering
shuffling-stepped, glazed-eyed freaks murmuring in monotones about JFK
Jr's supposed imminent return and endorsement of Trump.
For one thing, JFK Jr. wasn't a politician; he was a failing magazine
publisher. For another thing, he's been dead for 25 years.
The magazine -- along with several others -- was hemorrhaging readers
with the advent of the internet but it's respected to this day for
content that no other political magazine had at the time or has today.

He would've probably gotten into politics, and probably sooner than
later until fate stepped in.

He wasn't that great of an athelete despite often being photographed
shirtless and once being named People magazine's "Sexiest Man of the
Year."

I learned all this by watching a two-hour CW network documentary about
him, "I Am JFK Jr.," last week.

Mercifully they didn't delve into the Trump thing at all.
Norbert
2024-07-23 12:16:48 UTC
I saw JFK Jr. interviewed on a couple of talk shows and was
underwhelmed; he seemed vacant.

And the circumstances of his death and those of his passengers? He
wasn't experienced in flying at night and didn't know the plane's
control panel very well. A sensible person wouldn't have gotten into a
plane he piloted.

I saw a documentary that dealt with these events in detail, then stepped
back to look at the Kennedies in detail and noticed a pattern of
risk-taking among the males that was inculcated by Joseph Kennedy Sr.