Beatles' Best and Worst 2-Chord Songs
Norbert
2024-08-24 16:56:36 UTC
Including their solo stuff.

My vote is for "Paperback Writer" as the best 2-chord (G7 and C major)
song -- it is so lively that one barely notices or cares that there are
technically two chords.

And "Give Peace a Chance," utilizing C major and G major is the worst.
It's the product of John's being an acid casualty and allowing Yoko to
convince him that his music was just "the music of the people."
Nil
2024-08-25 20:51:26 UTC
Post by Norbert
Including their solo stuff.
My vote is for "Paperback Writer" as the best 2-chord (G7 and C
major) song -- it is so lively that one barely notices or cares
that there are technically two chords.
There's actually 4 chords! They just didn't explicitly sound them on
the studio recording, but they did live. During the intro/chorus it
goes:

| C | G | Am | Am/D |
Nevertheless, I like the sound and vibe of this record.
Norbert
2024-08-26 12:27:31 UTC
Thanks for the correction on "Paperback Writer."

It sounds like the participants in "Give Peace a Chance" might have been
having fun un a dope-smoked, unwashed kind of way. I prefer Lennon's
earlier work.
Nil
2024-08-26 23:50:00 UTC
Post by Norbert
Thanks for the correction on "Paperback Writer."
It sounds like the participants in "Give Peace a Chance" might
have been having fun un a dope-smoked, unwashed kind of way.
You say that as if it's a bad thing...

Not sure how "washed" has anything to do with it.
Norbert
2024-08-27 11:20:24 UTC
I think the mood of the bed-ins was sloppy and drug-addled.

"Give Peace A Chance" is not up to the standards of Lennon's earlier,
Beatles work.

I don't think the younger Lennon would have been mesmerized by Yoko or
bagism.
Nil
2024-08-30 01:12:43 UTC
Post by Norbert
I think the mood of the bed-ins was sloppy and drug-addled.
I think the mood of the bed-in was of a fun party.
Post by Norbert
"Give Peace A Chance" is not up to the standards of Lennon's
earlier, Beatles work.
OK, thanks for sharing. But, so what?
Post by Norbert
I don't think the younger Lennon would have been mesmerized by
Yoko or bagism.
OK, thanks for sharing, but what does that have to do with it?