Does George?
Bruce
2024-06-01 00:58:37 UTC
Does George sing lead on any other Lennon-McCartney songs besides "Do
You Wanna Know a Secret?
pamina58
2024-06-02 19:37:19 UTC
https://www.quora.com/What-songs-did-George-Harrison-sing-for-The-Beatles
pamina58
2024-06-02 19:38:16 UTC
But he was dreadfully overlooked...

pamina58
2024-06-02 19:43:52 UTC
Also, imo, John and Paul did not leap out of the womb with all the
tricks of Tin Pan Alley at their fingertips, so to speak, without a
little help from their friends...in fact, I think they may have been
tutored...maybe while they were slaving away in Hamburg...
Norbert
2024-06-03 10:08:48 UTC
Well, Cynthia wrote about how astounded she was by the improvement in
their performances during the Hamburd time. Many hours a night in front
of a live audience could account for this.

I would like to know more about where the guys learned their stuff.
There's video of McCartney talking about how they would take bus rides
across the city to learn chords guys who knew more.

On the other hand, McCartney has also mentioned that he and George had
studied Bert Weedon's Play In A Day book.
pamina58
2024-06-04 11:40:24 UTC
I don't think getting the whole story. John and Paul emerged with the
equivalent of a certificate, of not a degree, from a source such as the
prestigious Juilliard...

(btw, Miles Davis was a Juilliard drop-out because he got bored with
their teaching, but you can hear his excellent training in the elegance
of his interpretations...)

Since both John (hero, Tamino) and Bob (fiend, Monostatos) are both part
of the opera The Magic Flute, they were likely both part of the
experiment.

It seems to me Bob had a team right from the start. They either wrote
or helped him write some of his songs. They also provided him with
almost unheard of opportunities, such as playing Carnegie Hall when he
was still an unknown.

Although John was naturally gifted, he and the rest of the Beatles may
have had a similar team, in this case, to elevate what they were doing,
both in composing and performing. The objective was for them to create
a frenzy.

The ultimate objective of this experiment, I think, was to use the
emotions of young people, just coming out of the constrictions of the
fifties, to, in effect, change history. And because they were using John
and Bob, they were using the energy of the Mozart vortex to do this...
And,of course, conveniently, they were keeping the power of the
Zauberflote in the hands of the guys...

just my 2 cents...
Geoff
2024-06-04 21:39:08 UTC
[...]
Laugh-till-I-cry emoji ....

geoff
Nil

What utter acid-fantasy poppycock.
Bruce
2024-06-05 16:44:41 UTC
Looks like there's only one other, "I'm Happy Just To Dance With You."
pamina58
2024-06-06 11:47:24 UTC
BTW, I don't see Bob Dylan as having much in the way of natural
abilities in writing music. In fact, I think just about everything
connected to him is false. His natural ability is to vampirize the work
and personas of others...I think this is what he did with Woody
Guthrie...

Paul, however, is naturally talented in writing music. So was George.

But I think John was super-naturally talented. Nobody knew just where
his ideas came from...and not unlike like Miles Davis, John kept
shedding his skins. He was not comfortable with what happened
yesterday...