Paul Is Dead Clue(s) You Actually Considered?
Norbert K
2024-02-13 15:11:52 UTC
I never believed that Paul McCartney had actually died and been replaced; I was never that stoned or stupid. As a young kid, however, I was amused by the possibility that the Beatles actually engineered some prank to this effect.

One of the items I considered was the rumor about the gibberish muttered by John at the end of "I'm Only Sleeping." The legend was that when this was played backward, it stated: "Paul is dead man, miss him, miss him."

I couldn't dismiss this possibility, because the utterance does sound weird (of course, it's also classic Lennon); and I had no way to test it.

Today, it's fairly well-known that John states: "Monseur, monseur, monseur, how about another one?" BTW, what did *that* mean? Another take of the song? Another cigarette? Or is it mere Lennon silliness?
Norbert K
Oops, not "I'm Only Sleeping" but "I'm so Tired."
super70s
2024-02-13 19:48:30 UTC
When Wings At The Speed Of Sound came out with all its terminal
cuteness some critics joked that the real Paul had actually died.
Blueshirt
2024-02-13 20:25:40 UTC
When Wings At The Speed Of Sound came out with all its terminal cuteness
some critics joked that the real Paul had actually died.
The innovative and creative Paul had certainly gone somewhere!

"Wings At the Speed of Sound" was basically catchy by-the-numbers pop,
which the radio luvvies lapped up. Silly love songs indeed...
super70s
2024-02-14 04:17:26 UTC
Post by Blueshirt
Post by super70s
When Wings At The Speed Of Sound came out with all its terminal
cuteness some critics joked that the real Paul had actually died.
The innovative and creative Paul had certainly gone somewhere!
"Wings At the Speed of Sound" was basically catchy by-the-numbers pop,
which the radio luvvies lapped up. Silly love songs indeed...
Reminds me of a joke in an old National Lampoon issue:

Q: When did Paul McCartney write "Silly Love Songs"?
A: 1963-present

geoff
2024-02-13 20:27:16 UTC
Post by Norbert K
I never believed that Paul McCartney had actually died and been replaced; I was never that stoned or stupid. As a young kid, however, I was amused by the possibility that the Beatles actually engineered some prank to this effect.
One of the items I considered was the rumor about the gibberish muttered by John at the end of "I'm Only Sleeping." The legend was that when this was played backward, it stated: "Paul is dead man, miss him, miss him."
I couldn't dismiss this possibility, because the utterance does sound weird (of course, it's also classic Lennon); and I had no way to test it.
Today, it's fairly well-known that John states: "Monseur, monseur, monseur, how about another one?" BTW, what did *that* mean? Another take of the song? Another cigarette? Or is it mere Lennon silliness?
Clearly he was asking the conspiracy controller for the replacement
Paul, which they obviously got a very convincing one of ;-)))

geoff