New Lennon-McCartney song released April 2024
geoff
2024-04-17 21:47:49 UTC
Primrose Hill - James and Sean 2024

I wish Julian could have been involved. Might have spiced it up a bit.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/17/entertainment/mccartney-lennon-sons-single-gbr-scli-intl/index.html

geoff
Blueshirt
2024-04-18 15:32:06 UTC
Post by geoff
Primrose Hill - James and Sean 2024
I wish Julian could have been involved. Might have spiced it
up a bit.
https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/17/entertainment/mccartney-lennon-sons-single-gbr-scli-intl/index.html

Paul called, he said he'd like it to be referred to as
McCartney-Lennon... thank you.

:-)
pamina58
2024-04-21 18:02:30 UTC
It was giving me earworms, so I had to stop listening...
Norbert
2024-04-19 17:32:21 UTC
Has anyone heard it?

I'll be honest, I don't have high expectations. I'm not a fan of Sean Lennon's voice or playing. However, once the full song is available, I'll give it a shot.
oldernow
2024-04-19 18:41:56 UTC
Post by Norbert
Has anyone heard it?
I'll be honest, I don't have high expectations. I'm not
a fan of Sean Lennon's voice or playing. However, once
the full song is available, I'll give it a shot.
The only thing I'm interested in hearing from Camp Lennon is
that John is back, retooling "Revolution" into "Resurrection".
--
oldernow
xyz001 at nym.hush.com
Norbert
2024-04-19 21:22:55 UTC
LOL! Not bad.
Blueshirt
2024-04-19 21:56:50 UTC
Post by oldernow
Post by Norbert
Has anyone heard it?
I'll be honest, I don't have high expectations. I'm not
a fan of Sean Lennon's voice or playing. However, once
the full song is available, I'll give it a shot.
The only thing I'm interested in hearing from Camp Lennon is
that John is back, retooling "Revolution" into "Resurrection".
Well, he did once claim he was Jesus Christ, so you never know!
:-)
oldernow
2024-04-19 23:10:37 UTC
Post by Blueshirt
Post by oldernow
Post by Norbert
Has anyone heard it?
I'll be honest, I don't have high expectations. I'm not
a fan of Sean Lennon's voice or playing. However, once
the full song is available, I'll give it a shot.
The only thing I'm interested in hearing from Camp Lennon is
that John is back, retooling "Revolution" into "Resurrection".
Well, he did once claim he was Jesus Christ, so you never know!
:-)
you say you want a resurrection
well, you know
we all wanna cheat on death

you tell me that it's fresh perception
well, you know
we all want another breath

but when you talk about taxation
don't you know that I can write it off?

don't you know I cannot be
finite
finite
finite

you say you got a Paul affection
well, you know
how I'd love to see him panned

you ask me if it's retribution
well, you know
I'm as tired as nowhere man

but if you pay money for music that doesn't rate
all I can tell you is, traitor, you've sealed your fate

don't you know I cannot be
finite
finite
finite

[instruments]

you say you miss my dissolution
well, you know
I got tired of being dead

you tell me there's no absolution
well, you know
you better give some peace instead

but if you go raggin' on music by yoko, now
you just might convince me to leave here again somehow

don't you know I cannot be
finite
finite
finite

finite, finite
finite, finite
finite, finite
finite, finite
finite, finite
finite, finite
finite, finite!
--
oldernow
xyz001 at nym.hush.com
geoff
2024-04-19 22:07:59 UTC
Post by Norbert
Has anyone heard it?
I'll be honest, I don't have high expectations.  I'm not a fan of Sean
Lennon's voice or playing.  However, once the full song is available,
I'll give it a shot.

Not bad, not incredibly great.

geoff
Blueshirt
2024-04-19 22:51:13 UTC
Post by geoff
Post by Norbert
Has anyone heard it?
I'll be honest, I don't have high expectations.  I'm not a
fan of Sean Lennon's voice or playing.  However, once the
full song is available, I'll give it a shot.
http://youtu.be/8ntPFNFbPb0
Not bad, not incredibly great.
Neither of them are a patch on their fathers, and it's only the
'names' that will sell what is an average enough song.
Norbert
2024-04-20 09:44:30 UTC
I didn't like it. Sean's voice is weird and nothing like his father's.

Also, it sounds like yet another attempt (a la the Theetles stuff) at mimicking the songs from John's unfortunate LSD phase. These songs were largely the creation of Emerick and Martin, and although they pushed the boundaries of then-available studio effects (partly to obay John's demands that his voice be "smothered in tomato ketchup"), they aren't Lennon's best stuff. Lennon's best stuff was pre-LSD, when before he had decided that he didn't like th natural sound of his voice.
Norbert
2024-04-20 10:51:27 UTC
I don't know what it is about Sean's voice that annoys me so much. Maybe it's the whiny, androgynous quality to it. I don't know where he got the idea to be a vocalist.
geoff
2024-04-24 01:11:50 UTC
Post by Norbert
I don't know what it is about Sean's voice that annoys me so much.
Maybe it's the whiny, androgynous quality to it.  I don't know where he
got the idea to be a vocalist.
Possibly inspired by him mums vocal virtuosity !

geoff