What's up with this?
m***@hotmail.com
2005-08-04 02:24:25 UTC
"Note: The author of this message requested that it not be archived.
This message will be removed from Groups in 6 days "

What is the motivation behind someone requesting this?

I really don't get it.
WIZARDGLIK
2005-08-04 03:34:12 UTC
Simple really....when they go for a job interview or bank loan in two
years time, they don't want anyone doing a background serach on them
and find out that they posted "Paulie'a new CD makes my panties all
gooey" back in 2005. I, on the other hand, don't give a shit. If you
don't have a sense of humor, I don't want to work for your ass.
Manco
2005-08-04 04:25:37 UTC
Post by WIZARDGLIK
Simple really....when they go for a job interview or bank loan in two
years time, they don't want anyone doing a background serach on them
and find out that they posted "Paulie'a new CD makes my panties all
gooey" back in 2005. I, on the other hand, don't give a shit. If you
don't have a sense of humor, I don't want to work for your ass.
as though any company includes USENET archive search as part of background
check. NOT
shadow crying
2005-08-04 04:36:31 UTC
Post by Manco
Post by WIZARDGLIK
Simple really....when they go for a job interview or bank loan in two
years time, they don't want anyone doing a background serach on them
and find out that they posted "Paulie'a new CD makes my panties all
gooey" back in 2005. I, on the other hand, don't give a shit. If you
don't have a sense of humor, I don't want to work for your ass.
as though any company includes USENET archive search as part of background
check. NOT
Sure they do! The HR guys are constantly surfing porn online anyway, so
wtf?
Papanate
2005-08-04 13:32:35 UTC
Post by Manco
as though any company includes USENET archive search as part of background
check. NOT
Wrong. Almost all companies that have computers with internet connectivity
make searching google archives part of their HR departments pre-interview
reference check.

PapaNate
shadow crying
No evidence. All the best trolls do it.
Chocolate Jesus
LOL!
Jeff Kvdute
2005-08-04 04:21:08 UTC
Post by m***@hotmail.com
"Note: The author of this message requested
that it not be archived. This message will be
removed from Groups in 6 days "
What is the motivation behind someone
requesting this?
I really don't get it. \
My guess would be that they don't want anyone to dig up dirt on
them..from past posts. People with nothing better to do...post this
stuff.
m***@hotmail.com
2005-08-04 12:34:30 UTC
Post by Jeff Kvdute
Post by m***@hotmail.com
"Note: The author of this message requested
that it not be archived. This message will be
removed from Groups in 6 days "
What is the motivation behind someone
requesting this?
I really don't get it. \
My guess would be that they don't want anyone to dig up dirt on
them..from past posts. People with nothing better to do...post this
stuff.
So, GoFab is afraid that someone will find out she/he/it called someone
a moron?

Sounds like someone who all ready has something to hide.
Jeff Kvdute
2005-08-04 15:19:36 UTC
Post by m***@hotmail.com
What is the motivation behind someone
requesting this?
I really don't get it. \
My guess would be that they don't want
anyone to dig up dirt on them..from past
posts. People with nothing better to do...post
this stuff.
So, GoFab is afraid that someone will find
out she/he/it called someone a moron?
I don't recall reading anything about GoFab, when I responded to your
post, so I have no
idea.
Jeff
m***@hotmail.com
2005-08-05 00:57:58 UTC
Post by m***@hotmail.com
Sounds like someone who all ready has
something to hide.
Jeff
She is one of the posters, who regularly "contribute" to this ng, who
have the following written underneath their names on all posts:

That's why I mentioned her
poisoned rose
2005-08-05 02:07:57 UTC
Post by m***@hotmail.com
She is one of the posters, who regularly "contribute" to this ng, who
"Note: The author of this message requested that it not be archived.
This message will be removed from Groups in 6 days "
That's why I mentioned her
Not sure if you're sharp enough to realize this (probably not),
but you only see that "Note:" advisory if *you're reading
newsgroups through Google*.

You probably have never read Usenet with a proper newsreader, and
don't have a clue how much easier the process can be.
Slip Kid
2005-08-05 02:43:35 UTC
Post by poisoned rose
Post by m***@hotmail.com
She is one of the posters, who regularly "contribute" to this ng, who
"Note: The author of this message requested that it not be archived.
This message will be removed from Groups in 6 days "
That's why I mentioned her
Not sure if you're sharp enough to realize this (probably not),
but you only see that "Note:" advisory if *you're reading
newsgroups through Google*.
You probably have never read Usenet with a proper newsreader, and
don't have a clue how much easier the process can be.
Whew!

I've only used a newsreader. Watchit, this is Moz - - I also use 40Tude.

I figured it was "harder"...I use a newreader because I knew it how it
works.

So, I'm not stupid?

Cool!

Oh, PR?

Marcus and I don't agree on the bomb thing. I don't think he's stupid.
Wait, I've spent a lot of time with his thread because I "know" he
isn't stupid.

Frustrating? Yeah.

You can "not agree" with someone without taking cheap shots.

Surprise us.

He isn't "that" frustrating.
~~~~
Michael
--
"If you're not in the recording studio you might as well not do it,
because you might get it.

Jim Dickinson - American record producer, pianist and singer.

Please use the following to reply, directly:
WGFA
@#waste#
image-link
.com
I hope that has slowed the Usenet e-mail harvest - - by a few days?
poisoned rose
2005-08-05 04:08:46 UTC
Post by Slip Kid
Oh, PR?
Marcus and I don't agree on the bomb thing. I don't think he's stupid.
Wait, I've spent a lot of time with his thread because I "know" he
isn't stupid.
Frustrating? Yeah.
Funny...because, for me, all these recent political threads are
showing with striking clarity just how superficial, intellectually
lazy and, yes, "stupid" Marcus is. He threw out some of his
typically grandiose, black-and-white generalizations as opening
shots, but people like you and those from the Dylan newsgroup --
those who can debate politics/history with detailed facts and
figures, not just vague, simplistic idealism -- have backed him
meekly into a corner. Now, all he can do is pop up now and then,
mumble something about how killing is wrong and the government is
evil, and slink back into his hole. The threads have left him
totally behind. He probably even realizes this -- it's why he
focuses his political bullying on rec.music.beatles, rather than
on more serious political forums. He knows they'll fry him,
anywhere else.
Post by Slip Kid
You can "not agree" with someone without taking cheap shots.
Surprise us.
He isn't "that" frustrating.
Marcus asks for everything he gets. He starts countless threads
which are designed just to show how "morally virtuous" and/or
"politically savvy" he is. Or how wonderful he is, simply because
he's old enough to have spent his adolescence during the 1960's.
He practically dares people to shoot him down.

Here's something he posted earlier today (NOT directed at me):

"It's called analysis. Try it sometime, instead of the spoonfed
drivel that travels through your eyes to something resembling a
brain."

He gets no sympathy from me. I can't imagine anything "cheaper"
than a lot of the counterarguments he burps up.
gofab.com
2005-08-05 12:33:54 UTC
On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 04:08:46 GMT, in article
Post by poisoned rose
"It's called analysis. Try it sometime, instead of the spoonfed
drivel that travels through your eyes to something resembling a
brain."
He gets no sympathy from me. I can't imagine anything "cheaper"
than a lot of the counterarguments he burps up.
Yes, Slip Kid has really taken up the wrong cause here. Eventually he might
realize that.

Granted, personal attacks are not usenet decorum at its best, but picking out
Marcus, a troll and NG spammer of almost indescribable magnitude, is a misguided
use of one's precious indignation. :o)
shadow crying
"Indescribable magnitude?" Your hyperbole betrays you.
Chocolate Jesus
2005-08-06 01:39:14 UTC
Post by gofab.com
Granted, personal attacks are not usenet decorum at its best, but picking out
Marcus, a troll and NG spammer of almost indescribable magnitude, is a misguided
use of one's precious indignation.
OMG, did you have your smoking jacket on when you posted that?

LOL! What a pretentious little shithead you turned out to be.
m***@hotmail.com
2005-08-06 03:57:42 UTC
Post by poisoned rose
"It's called analysis. Try it sometime, instead of the spoonfed
drivel that travels through your eyes to something resembling a
brain."
He gets no sympathy from me. I can't imagine anything "cheaper"
than a lot of the counterarguments he burps up.
Yes, Slip Kid has really taken up the wrong cause here. Eventually he might
realize that.
Granted, personal attacks are not usenet decorum at its best, but picking out
Marcus, a troll and NG spammer of almost indescribable magnitude, is a misguided
use of one's precious indignation. :o)
At one time or another any one of us contributing to this thread could
probably be accused of being a troll..it's becoming an overused term.

But I really don't understand how I'm a spammer. "indescribable
magnitude" that's over the top.
Chocolate Jesus
2005-08-06 05:35:10 UTC
Post by m***@hotmail.com
Post by gofab.com
Granted, personal attacks are not usenet decorum at its best, but picking out
Marcus, a troll and NG spammer of almost indescribable magnitude, is a misguided
use of one's precious indignation. :o)
At one time or another any one of us contributing to this thread could
probably be accused of being a troll..it's becoming an overused term.
But I really don't understand how I'm a spammer. "indescribable
magnitude" that's over the top.
Not really.

All you have to do is imagine goFab dressed up and speaking like Thurston
Howell III and it makes perfect sense.;0)
m***@hotmail.com
Does that mean she's gonna start calling me "Lovey"?
m***@hotmail.com
2005-08-06 17:32:46 UTC
Post by gofab.com
Post by m***@hotmail.com
Post by gofab.com
use of one's precious indignation. :o)
At one time or another any one of us contributing to this thread could
probably be accused of being a troll..it's becoming an overused term.
But I really don't understand how I'm a spammer. "indescribable
magnitude" that's over the top.
Not really.
All you have to do is imagine goFab dressed up and speaking like Thurston
Howell III and it makes perfect sense.;0)
Actually, I envision goFab waking up each day to the Star Spangled
Banner, goose-stepping to breakfast as she leafs through an old edition
by Ayn Rand. Then on her way to the computer, she kneels and
genuflects towards a life-sized cut-out of her patron saint, Ann
Coulter. Once online, she looks for new targets(which could be anyone
to the left of Walter Mondale) to unleash what she thinks is her wit
and wisdom. Morning done, she turns on the radio to listen to
Rush...nipples harden as she hears him make a joke about Ted Kennedy,
and then goes out for a walk to ponder stock options, hoping that the
poor will get poorer, so she and her buddies can make a killing on the
market. Then, she comes home for dinner, and spends the rest of the
night congratulating herself for a job well done.
Chocolate Jesus
;p
Slip Kid
2005-08-06 04:43:19 UTC
Post by poisoned rose
"It's called analysis. Try it sometime, instead of the spoonfed
drivel that travels through your eyes to something resembling a
brain."
He gets no sympathy from me. I can't imagine anything "cheaper"
than a lot of the counterarguments he burps up.
Yes, Slip Kid has really taken up the wrong cause here.
And you just figured that out?

Go find day one, for me, here. It was a ...No, not a wrong cause (it
may have been), it var a lost cause. I believe that would be Saint
Jude's turf.

The correct grammar would be "Yes, Slip Kid has really taken up the
wrong cause. Here."
Post by gofab.com
Eventually he might
realize that.
Or as Lord Keynes said: "Eventually we're all dead." (something like that)

Do stay, and witness my fall. But do not forget my ride?
Post by gofab.com
Granted, personal attacks are not usenet decorum at its best, but picking out
Marcus, a troll and NG spammer of almost indescribable magnitude, is a misguided
use of one's precious indignation. :o)
Well you lost me there! I don't mind if people use my name and attach
behavior? I tend to respond to words, not names.

If I had taken everyone's word and avoided all the "bad people" I'd have
been gone...wait, that was the plan from the beginning!

~~~~
Michael

m***@hotmail.com
2005-08-05 12:40:58 UTC
Post by Slip Kid
Post by m***@hotmail.com
She is one of the posters, who regularly "contribute" to this ng, who
"Note: The author of this message requested that it not be archived.
This message will be removed from Groups in 6 days "
That's why I mentioned her
Whew!
I've only used a newsreader. Watchit, this is Moz - - I also use 40Tude.
I figured it was "harder"...I use a newreader because I knew it how it
works.
I am very happy with Google. It serves my needs. Surprisingly, I
don't read that many newsgroups with any regularity...maybe five or six
at the most, and only one or two on a daily basis(including rmb). It
has vastly improved. Still has some glitches, but at least it doesn't
take hours to get one's post "posted", now it's only a couple of
minutes.
m***@hotmail.com
2005-08-05 12:49:35 UTC
Post by m***@hotmail.com
Post by Slip Kid
Post by m***@hotmail.com
She is one of the posters, who regularly "contribute" to this ng, who
"Note: The author of this message requested that it not be archived.
This message will be removed from Groups in 6 days "
That's why I mentioned her
Whew!
I've only used a newsreader. Watchit, this is Moz - - I also use 40Tude.
I figured it was "harder"...I use a newreader because I knew it how it
works.
I am very happy with Google. It serves my needs. Surprisingly, I
don't read that many newsgroups with any regularity...maybe five or six
at the most, and only one or two on a daily basis(including rmb). It
has vastly improved. Still has some glitches, but at least it doesn't
take hours to get one's post "posted", now it's only a couple of
minutes.
I forgot to mention that despite my using what some consider to be an
inferior way of reading newsgroups, those who refuse to be archived
don't explain why.

My guess, they don't want to be held accountable for what they've said
because of the following reasons:

1. makes them look stupid.
2. it's embarassing to them
3. proves how intellectually bankrupt they are
shadow crying
And dishonest, ugly and mean. You forgot those.
Slip Kid
2005-08-05 14:39:11 UTC
Post by m***@hotmail.com
Post by m***@hotmail.com
Post by Slip Kid
Whew!
I've only used a newsreader. Watchit, this is Moz - - I also use 40Tude.
I figured it was "harder"...I use a newreader because I knew it how it
works.
I am very happy with Google. It serves my needs. Surprisingly, I
don't read that many newsgroups with any regularity...maybe five or six
at the most, and only one or two on a daily basis(including rmb). It
has vastly improved. Still has some glitches, but at least it doesn't
take hours to get one's post "posted", now it's only a couple of
minutes.
I've not even tried Google for posting. It's still my go-to for searching.

"Newsreader" is a large category. I only like a couple. Regardless of
the praise heaped upon Agent, I never found it convenient. I used it
for long spells and it is wildly configurable? It seems dated or ackward
sometimes. Moz is great (I refuse to give M$ any attention I don't have
to but had no problem with OE in the past). I really like 40tude but do
most of my work out of Moz.

I don't even care what people use as long as it's plain text, not 150
characters wide and there is an attempt to keep a consistant name and
addy.
Post by m***@hotmail.com
I forgot to mention that despite my using what some consider to be an
inferior way of reading newsgroups, those who refuse to be archived
don't explain why.
My guess, they don't want to be held accountable for what they've said
1. makes them look stupid.
2. it's embarassing to them
3. proves how intellectually bankrupt they are
Hey, certain people "do" have something to worry about! They are
clearly "not" who people think they are and in a sense need to hide the
ID they adopt here.

Others? Just plain paranoid? Your three points above and a general
lack of conviction that "some day" they could explain their words.

If someone wants to grab a post of mine at random or search for a
screw-up, they'll find plenty. With thousands of posts under my belt it
would be difficult to obtain a fair profile without a lot of work.

The luxury of getting this far in life is that I have enough skeletons
already I don't have to worry about the future. I'm defined already and
I can either accept it or not.

~~~~
Michael

Jeff Kvdute
2005-08-05 02:25:43 UTC
Post by m***@hotmail.com
What is the motivation behind someone
requesting this?
I really don't get it. \
My guess would be that they don't want
anyone to dig up dirt on them..from past
posts. People with nothing better to do...post
this stuff.
So, GoFab is afraid that someone will find
out she/he/it called someone a moron?
I don't recall reading anything about GoFab,
when I responded to your post, so I have no
idea.
Sounds like someone who all ready has
something to hide.
She is one of the posters, who regularly
"contribute" to this ng, who have the
following written underneath their names on
"Note: The author of this message requested
that it not be archived. This message will be
removed from Groups in 6 days "
That's why I mentioned her
Oh, I see. Thanks for explaining. I don't read much of GoFab's
posts..cause she never liked me too much from way back. I did notice
from
a few of her posts recently however...that she doesn't like anybody too
much. I longer feel so left out.

<g>

Jeff
Chocolate Jesus
2005-08-05 02:40:49 UTC
Post by Jeff Kvdute
Oh, I see. Thanks for explaining. I don't read much of GoFab's
posts..cause she never liked me too much from way back. I did notice
from
a few of her posts recently however...that she doesn't like anybody too
much.
Most of all herself.

Mind you, neither would you if you'd have painted yourself into as many
corners as she has....;0)
gofab.com
2005-08-05 12:34:47 UTC
On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 21:25:43 -0500, in article
Post by Jeff Kvdute
Oh, I see. Thanks for explaining. I don't read much of GoFab's
posts..cause she never liked me too much from way back. I did notice
from
a few of her posts recently however...that she doesn't like anybody too
much. I longer feel so left out.
<g>
Jeff
Hey, Jeff, what's up with the personal attack?

:o)
gofab.com
2005-08-05 12:30:09 UTC
On 4 Aug 2005 05:34:30 -0700, in article
Post by m***@hotmail.com
So, GoFab is afraid that someone will find out she/he/it called someone
a moron?
Not at all. And just to make that clear, I do think that's just what you are.
Actually, it's really too charitable of a term, but time is precious.

And you'll see that this post is archived.

:o)
m***@hotmail.com