Possible Bob and John connection
pamina58
2024-04-26 11:02:28 UTC
The way I see it,

Bob and John are both part of the opera The Magic Flute, which has come to life.

Bob is the fiend, John, the hero...

So, in a sense, they are, artistically-speaking, part of another 'family'...
Norbert
2024-04-26 16:54:04 UTC
Sorry, I'm not following. However, your reference to a "family" reminds me of something James Ellroy once said: "My books are delightful family entertainment -- if your family is the Manson Family."
pamina58
2024-04-28 16:36:19 UTC
Opera family
pamina58
2024-05-17 11:23:43 UTC
Were John and Bob part of the same experiment?
https://inbroaddaylight.wordpress.com/2021/05/17/what-if-someone-such-as-bob-dylan-is-an-experiment-an-hypothesis-for-an-alternate-reality/
Norbert
2024-05-17 14:54:49 UTC
Did Dylan ever emerge from being purportedly "born again"?

Just curious. I think he was annoyingly preachy. At least it inspired John to spoof him with "Serve Yerself."
Norbert
2024-05-19 12:30:38 UTC
Another Question, this one provoked by a remembrance of Dylan's 60
Minutes interview with Ed Bradley in the 2000s: Is Dylan still a
stoner? He really seemed out of it.
pamina58
2024-05-22 11:13:33 UTC
I think perhaps Bob got 'saved' because John did...
Bob returned to his secular songs with Infidels...
I talk about it here...
https://dylagence.wordpress.com/2020/02/16/example-post/
Norbert
2024-05-22 11:49:28 UTC
Sorry about your stepson. Somebody killed herself in my area by
throwing herself in front of a train not too long ago. Shortly
thereafter, a guy I was casually talking to told me that that was his
sister. He also told me that he had gotten a basketball scholarship to
a CA school. I urged him to go.

I remember reading an interview Dylan did to promote Infidels. It was
conducted by Kurt Loder for Rolling Stone, and Loder suggested that a
title like Infidels made Dylan look sort of dour and accusatory. Loder
said, why not give an album a title like "Sweethearts"? Dylan said that
that wasn't a bad idea.
Norbert
2024-05-22 13:03:39 UTC
BTW, that 1984 Kurt Loder interview is on the Rolligstone.com site. I
just reread about as much as I could take. Dylan seems vague and
confused.

Lennon's later interviews annoy me in a different way. He's hostile to
his good work with the Beatles and towards his former bandmates -- yet
oozing with delusional praise for Yoko.
pamina58
2024-05-23 11:03:23 UTC
Thank you.

I think this is Bob being deceptive. He became involved with the
controversial Chabad movement and the Rebbe, by he time of Infidels, and
still is.
pamina58
2024-05-23 12:14:21 UTC
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/the-rolling-stone-interview-bob-dylan-43446/
Norbert
2024-05-23 12:47:30 UTC
That's the one!

I was reading each issue of RS cover to cover back then.
pamina58
2024-06-14 18:11:37 UTC
Update...
https://dylagence.wordpress.com/2021/10/24/two-years-since-mankato-what-a-long-strange-journey-its-been/