Lennon Meeting Brigitte Bardot
Norbert
2024-04-20 13:17:45 UTC
There are discussions of this encounter all over the Internet and in several books. Lennon had fantasized about Brigitte Bardot since he was a teenager. After the Beatles had made it, Bardot visited London -- and, it turned out, was eager to meet the Beatles. She invited several similarly beautiful women to her hotel room for the event.

Instead of arriving with his bandmates, Lennon arrived with a flunky. Worse yet, he had been nervous and decided to try to quell his anxiety with LSD, of all things.

Bardot attempted to engage Lennon several times -- only to have him adopt the lotus position and insist: "Don't ask questions; just feel the vibes."

Bardot ended up leaving him alone several times in exasperation -- and he never did recover from the drug in her presence.

This is where I would have quit acid myself, having blown an opportunity like that. I mean, Bardot was sufficiently interested to allow Lennon to her place. Who knows how events might have progressed had John been of sound mind.
cuppajoe2go
2024-04-21 05:16:58 UTC
Yikes! That certainly begs "what if?"
Norbert
2024-04-21 09:37:44 UTC
By some accounts, Bardot grabbed Lennon and tried to shake him into consciousness a few times.

It sounds to me like his dreams could have come true that night if he had been alright.
Norbert
2024-04-21 10:17:56 UTC
Early in Cynthia Lennon's book A Twist of Lennon, she discusses Lennon's getting her to dress and wear her hair like Brigitte Bardot. This resulted in unwanted attention from men who would approach Cynthia to ask: "How much?"