John Lennon Was Not The Saint He Wants You To Think He Was
John Kennerson
2014-10-08 21:10:50 UTC
From everything written about Lennon, he was an unstable person who did
not live the life he preached.

He cheated on his women and beat them. Despite the pablum he wrote in
Imagine, he was quite obsessed with money. He treated people with
contempt especially fans. He wanted the spotlight yet was uncomfortable
with the fame.

He was a drug addict who masked his addiction by claiming it was part
of his self discovery and aided in his creative powers. He spoke out of
both sides of his mouth when it came to spiritual issues. On one hand
claiming there is no Jesus and on the other hand claiming to be Jesus.

He claimed eternal love for Yoko yet he cheated on her which drove her
to kick him out. He had an enormous Oedipus complex yet hated his
mother and his mother figure Yoko.

He was a violent man who used physical means to get what he wants. He
beat up both men and women during his life. Even the radical left
thought he was full of shit with all his phony protests in the early
70's for radical people and causes. They considered him a limousine
liberal.

The irony is that when he died all this was forgotten and with each
passing honour, he became the saint he claimed he never wanted to be.
Like all liberals, he was a hypocrite.
Kaili
2014-10-08 21:14:44 UTC
Post by John Kennerson
From everything written about Lennon, he was an unstable person who did
not live the life he preached.
You're not totally full of shit, but close enough. One point for getting me to respond.
John Kennerson
2014-10-09 00:41:05 UTC
Post by Kaili
You're not totally full of shit, but close enough. One point for getting me to respond.
Hey-you're supposed to be me. Or I'm supposed to be you.

In any case, what did I post that wasn't true?

No sensationalism or speculation. All in his bio and he freely admitted
most of what I said.
BlackMonk
2014-10-09 03:20:29 UTC
Post by John Kennerson
Post by Kaili
You're not totally full of shit, but close enough. One point for getting me to respond.
Hey-you're supposed to be me. Or I'm supposed to be you.
In any case, what did I post that wasn't true?
No sensationalism or speculation. All in his bio and he freely admitted
most of what I said.
If he "freely admitted" it, then he didn't want you to think he was a
saint. therefore you began posting things that weren't true with the
subject line.

We have enough trolls. Go away.
John Kennerson
2014-10-09 14:32:03 UTC
Lennon still had an image he wanted to project. He continued to use
lines like "If you want to be a hero well just follow me". He also
claimed to be Christ at an Apple board meeting. Got it?

He was not a hero. He was not a saint. He was not Christ even though he
said he was and got in trouble for it in 1966.

BTW, *you* are the troll and I am not going away.
RichL
2014-10-09 23:03:33 UTC
Post by John Kennerson
BTW, *you* are the troll and I am not going away.
Wanna bet?

<killfiled>
Marcus
2014-10-10 00:21:35 UTC
Only a douche like you could fail to realize the intended sarcasm of that line.
John Kennerson
2014-10-10 03:52:59 UTC
Post by Marcus
Only a douche like you could fail to realize the intended sarcasm of that line.
Only a suckbutt fanboi would make excuses for a drug addled, egomaniac
Beatle.

Then again you make excuses for a whole generation of self
congratulating, drug addicted, neurotic, boomer losers.
Marcus
The problem is that you aren't clever enough to understand Lennon's music and lyrics.
John Kennerson
2014-10-10 17:53:58 UTC
Post by Marcus
The problem is that you aren't clever enough to understand Lennon's music and lyrics.
The problem is that you are not in a position to judge who is and who
is not clever in anything. You have no talent, your are pedantic,
garrulous, delusional and obviously not educated. So that hardly makes
you a judge of anything.

Your efforts at trying to convince people on the usenet that boomers
are an important generation have been met with laughter, scorn and
ridicule essentially dismissing anything you write as worthless.
BlackMonk
Go away, troll.
Marcus
2014-10-11 02:37:10 UTC
Post by John Kennerson
Your efforts at trying to convince people on the usenet that boomers
are an important generation have been met with laughter, scorn and
ridicule essentially dismissing anything you write as worthless.
65-75?

http://marccatone.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=108841415
Tim
2014-10-11 05:13:25 UTC
Post by John Kennerson
Post by Marcus
Only a douche like you could fail to realize the intended sarcasm of
that line.
Only a suckbutt fanboi would make excuses for a drug addled, egomaniac
Beatle.
Then again you make excuses for a whole generation of self
congratulating, drug addicted, neurotic, boomer losers.
Wrong..we never ever made excuses for Lennon's prior moral ineptness. Instead we listened, learned through his lyrics, lived with his flippant snotty remarks, and finally forgave him due to his obvious repentances which he attained through human growth, inner assessment, and hard earned maturity.

Many of ardent fans didn't even know of his painful inner demons until he bared his inner soul in POB, which he never would have been allowed to express as a Beatle, even though he tried in Help,(his verse) in It's getting Better, Nowhere Man, I'm a loser, Yer Blues, Cold Turkey, and quite a few others.

But since you make it perfectly clear that icons or even regular folk must strive to live normal lives, from birth to death,then we're at an irreversible spot in the road where you and I are forced to agree to disagree.
Fattuchus

month.
topazgalaxy
A most excellent post! Applause!
Marcus
Excellent and spot-on assessment.
f***@gmail.com
2014-10-10 19:37:17 UTC
Post by Kaili
Post by John Kennerson
From everything written about Lennon, he was an unstable person who did
not live the life he preached.
You're not totally full of shit, but close enough. One point for getting me to respond.
responding to
yourself
ryan andrews
center street
erie, pa
Kaili
<sigh>
RichL
You have quite a collection (heh) of admirers!
Kaili
They can't keep their stories straight -- a few months ago I was supposed to be *Nick* Andrews, not Ryan Andrews. They can't even get the initials right, let alone the name.
Phil A Scheo
2014-10-09 00:49:10 UTC
He also mocked Brian Epstein's homosexuality all the time.
Fattuchus
2014-10-09 03:27:00 UTC
Post by John Kennerson
From everything written about Lennon, he was an unstable person who did
not live the life he preached.
John had flaws and made mistakes, but he was nicer and better than many of the trolls here.
Phil A Scheo
2014-10-09 03:37:15 UTC
Little Richard did not like John much because of his lack of manners. John would routinely fart out loud and shit like that.
topazgalaxy
2014-10-09 10:20:54 UTC
Post by Fattuchus
Post by John Kennerson
From everything written about Lennon, he was an unstable person who did
not live the life he preached.
John had flaws and made mistakes, but he was nicer and better than many of the trolls here.
Let's see if this 'anti-John" opening post generates as many posts as an 'anti-Yoko" thread.

I doubt it. So will people defend Yoko more than they defend John? You know, the "no, don't criticize that famous person because I feel sorry for them..."
vs " we can criticize that famous person because ..."
poisoned rose
2014-10-09 20:36:59 UTC
Oh just shut up, you phony, sh*t-stirring troll.
topazgalaxy
wow, I must have struck a nerve.
Fattuchus
It doesn't take much to get PR started.
topazgalaxy
poisoned rose
2014-10-10 17:11:46 UTC
Post by topazgalaxy
He can be like a large cluster of fireworks sitting near a bar b que pit.
Just one spark needs to float over to the fireworks and...
Maybe next time I should just whisper "yoko" really softly and we can see
how he reacts.
And you once again demonstrate your only purpose in being here: serving
as Fatty's masseuse and enabler. Particularly when it comes to serving
up Yokotard softballs for her to gleefully swing at.

As for your initial phony point, there shouldn't be any need to tell you
that...

1) it was really cheap and sleazy to try to steer this junk thread into
yet another redundant Yoko-trashing orgy

2) it's perfectly obvious that a big factor in how "vigorously" Yoko
gets "defended" is that your queen writes the same shabby, venomous
swipes literally HUNDREDS of times (and every time, as if it's the first
time she's saying them). And everyone (except for you and Grimes) is
thoroughly tired of her hateful shtick.
BlackMonk
2014-10-09 22:15:36 UTC
Post by topazgalaxy
Post by Fattuchus
Post by John Kennerson
From everything written about Lennon, he was an unstable person who did
not live the life he preached.
John had flaws and made mistakes, but he was nicer and better than
many of the trolls here.
Let's see if this 'anti-John" opening post generates as many posts
as an 'anti-Yoko" thread.
I think you've hit a new low. Now you're complaining that Yoko isn't
criticized enough in this group.
topazgalaxy
2014-10-10 06:30:38 UTC
Post by BlackMonk
Post by topazgalaxy
On Wednesday, October 8, 2014 5:10:50 PM UTC-4, John Kennerson
Post by John Kennerson
From everything written about Lennon, he was an unstable person
who did
that is your interpretation.
BlackMonk
2014-10-10 12:20:11 UTC
Post by topazgalaxy
Post by BlackMonk
Post by topazgalaxy
Post by Fattuchus
John had flaws and made mistakes, but he was nicer and better than
many of the trolls here.
Let's see if this 'anti-John" opening post generates as many posts
as an 'anti-Yoko" thread.
I think you've hit a new low. Now you're complaining that Yoko isn't
criticized enough in this group.
that is your interpretation.
Based on your own words. Why else would you bring Yoko into a thread
that isn't about her?
topazgalaxy
2014-10-10 12:57:15 UTC
Post by BlackMonk
Post by topazgalaxy
Post by BlackMonk
Post by topazgalaxy
Post by Fattuchus
John had flaws and made mistakes, but he was nicer and better than
many of the trolls here.
Let's see if this 'anti-John" opening post generates as many posts
as an 'anti-Yoko" thread.
I think you've hit a new low. Now you're complaining that Yoko isn't
criticized enough in this group.
that is your interpretation.
Based on your own words. Why else would you bring Yoko into a thread
that isn't about her?
My commentary/observation was based on many months of observing that when Fatts or a few others criticize Yoko, (and might I add, do so with less venom than the opening post in this thread regarding John), there are a few regulars here who vigorously attack Fatts or Danny or myself, or Robert, and it ends up being a 300 post long thread going back and forth with people vigorously defending Yoko. In an ironic/sad/funny way, those threads often generate the longest and most heated debates. Fatts/Danny/Robert/me end up being attacked for our POV regarding Yoko even if the criticism of her is mild.

If Fatts started a thread called "Yoko Ono was not the Saint....." etc
multiple people would be jumping down her throat.

In this thread, in a group that is about the Beatles, when first George is attacked in antoher thread, and now John is attacked in this thread, the amount of debate/discussion is surprisingly small. Especially since it is so close to John's birthday when the thread was started.

My observation was really more on the behavior of people in the group, rather than advocating that Yoko should be criticized more.

So far this thread is 39-40 posts long.
BTW Chag Sameach for Sukkot
BlackMonk
2014-10-10 22:43:57 UTC
Post by topazgalaxy
Post by BlackMonk
Post by topazgalaxy
Post by BlackMonk
On Wednesday, October 8, 2014 11:27:00 PM UTC-4, Fattuchus
Post by Fattuchus
[...]
You're providing support for my original statement.

You came into this thread to complain about people disagreeing with you
about Yoko. All four of the people you claim are "vigorously attacked"
have vigorously attacked other posters, as well.

And your criticism of Yoko is never mild.
Post by topazgalaxy
If Fatts started a thread called "Yoko Ono was not the Saint....."
etc multiple people would be jumping down her throat.
Multiple have criticized the person who started this thread. If you
weren't so focused on complaining about Yoko, you'd have noticed that.
To you, as well.
John Kennerson
2014-10-10 15:53:50 UTC
Post by topazgalaxy
Post by BlackMonk
I think you've hit a new low. Now you're complaining that Yoko isn't
criticized enough in this group.
that is your interpretation.
That is the opinion of everyone here. From what we have all seen over
the years here, your mission in RMB has been to:

1. Sockpuppet Gaye Snyder.
2. Criticise Yoko Ono at every opportunity whether she is referenced in
a post or not.
3. Turn all other threads into long winded hate speeches against Arabs.
4. Attempt to appear as Beatle fans by posting links to stories real
fans have already read years ago with no commentary. In other words,
spam.

Like I have stated before, we are all wise to you and your pal. That is
why you both are disliked so much and have no credibility and respect
within RMB.

If you were truly honest you both would admit you are not real Beatle
fans but Yoko trolls.
John Kennerson
2014-10-09 15:52:09 UTC
Post by Fattuchus
John had flaws and made mistakes, but he was nicer and better than many of the trolls here.
It is obvious that he was nicer and better than you.

You state the obvious.

And he loved Yoko unlike yourself who started a cottage industry hating
her.
WillyShears
2014-10-09 06:12:28 UTC
Post by John Kennerson
From everything written about Lennon, he was an unstable person who did
[...]
I already knew JL could become an ass at a moments
notice, and that GH could be a bit of a diva, but they
are dead and gone, and way too soon. They both got
a screwed-up deal. Give it a rest.
Willy

^bottom^
John Kennerson
2014-10-09 17:42:17 UTC
I already knew JL could become an ass at a moments notice, and that GH
could be a bit of a diva, but they are dead and gone, and way too soon.
They both died from being Beatles.
They both got a screwed-up deal. Give it a rest.
Give it a rest? Who are you to tell me what not to post? We are here to
discuss the Beatles. If you want to worship them form a Beatles worship
forum.

With regard to getting a "screwed-up deal", are you serious? They got
to go on a great ride and earned a great deal of money. Lives like that
do not come without consequences and theirs was to have short lives.
But it does not mean that they suffered. Just read the newspaper to see
what real suffering and screwed-up deals are all about.
Phil A Scheo
2014-10-09 18:09:30 UTC
What did George's lung cancer have to do with being a Beatle?
John Kennerson
2014-10-09 21:02:31 UTC
Post by Phil A Scheo
What did George's lung cancer have to do with being a Beatle?
He smoked like a fiend during the Beatle years. Remember in Anthology
when he said the Beatles gave away their nervous systems? All that
stress coupled with all the drug and drink he took caused his demise.

Same issues affect the others:

The guy who interviewed Lennon for the Playboy article commented on how
much Lennon smoked.

Macca had a heart procedure a while back most likely related to all his
smoking (pot and ciggies).

Not sure what Ringo has but you can be sure he has lung issues and most
likely heart problems from all that smoking and drinking. Plus he had
major health issues as a child and in his 30's.

It is rare to find a picture of them as Beatles without a ciggie. Even
in the AHDN and Help you always saw them smoking. We also know about
all the drugs. Prior to that it was lots of drink. Lennon continued
with that through the 70's.
Phil A Scheo
2014-10-09 23:25:00 UTC
Post by John Kennerson
Post by Phil A Scheo
What did George's lung cancer have to do with being a Beatle?
He smoked like a fiend during the Beatle years.
What makes you think he would not have smoked like a fiend if he was a bus driver?

Besides, lots of people get lung cancer that is cot caused by smoking.
John Kennerson
2014-10-10 04:33:01 UTC
Post by Phil A Scheo
What makes you think he would not have smoked like a fiend if he was a bus driver?
I am sure he would have smoked regardless of his occupation. However
the stress the Beatles were under not only made them smoke but also
enhanced the nasty effects of smoking. Plus they drank, travelled
constantly and abused drugs. All of that contributed to the problems
they had later in life.
Post by Phil A Scheo
Besides, lots of people get lung cancer that is cot caused by smoking.
That is because they have cancer in other parts of their body that has
spread to the lungs.

BTW I like your lists. They are inspiring some excellent conversations
in RMB. Too bad the trolls have come back in a fit of jealousy to try
to sabotage your efforts. Keep up the good work.
The Bloomfield Bloviator
2014-10-10 04:50:15 UTC
Post by John Kennerson
Besides, lots of people get lung cancer that is not caused by smoking.
That is because they have cancer in other parts of their body that has
spread to the lungs.
No, about 15% of lung cancer patients are non smokers. My uncle just was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and he was not a smoker.
Thanks, JK. It's nice to know that there are SOME good people here aside from the haters.
WillyShears
I'm yo daddy
Willie Shit
2014-10-09 23:26:28 UTC
Post by WillyShears
I'm yo daddy
hey willie you aint nobody's daddy. you are a racist dipshit though.

and a retard.
WillyShears
2014-10-10 10:39:43 UTC
Post by John Kennerson
I already knew JL could become an ass at a moments notice, and that GH
could be a bit of a diva, but they are dead and gone, and way too soon.
They both died from being Beatles.
They both got a screwed-up deal. Give it a rest.
Give it a rest? Who are you to tell me what not to post? We are here to
discuss the Beatles. If you want to worship them form a Beatles worship
forum.
With regard to getting a "screwed-up deal", are you serious? They got
to go on a great ride and earned a great deal of money. Lives like that
do not come without consequences and theirs was to have short lives.
But it does not mean that they suffered. Just read the newspaper to see
what real suffering and screwed-up deals are all about.
No, they got a screwed-up deal in life. Especially John.
If I was given a choice of 1.- having a fairly screwed-up
first ~20 years of life, and then become super rich and
super famous for ~20 years, at which point you die
"before your time", or 2.- living a good long healthy life
with just enough money to be fairly comfortable, and with
a loving family, and just a couple of good, loyal friends,
I would take the latter every time. John and George got
screwed. Leave them the flock alone, you sadist.
Willy

^bottom^
John Kennerson
2014-10-10 14:33:44 UTC
Post by WillyShears
No, they got a screwed-up deal in life. Especially John.
Did they? Both were worth 9 figures when they died. They produced
incredible music which we are still talking about 50 years later. Their
work appeals to many different generations before they were born and
even in today's completely different environment long after they died.
During their life they had incredible fame and respect the likes of
which will probably never happen again.
Post by WillyShears
If I was given a choice of 1.- having a fairly screwed-up first ~20
years of life, and then become super rich and super famous for ~20
years, at which point you die "before your time", or 2.- living a good
long healthy life with just enough money to be fairly comfortable, and
with a loving family, and just a couple of good, loyal friends, I
would take the latter every time. John and George got screwed.
That is why you are not famous in any respect. Famous people tend to
have unusual stories in their lives. They are unusual people who do not
fit into societal norms. Their different take on life coupled with the
trials and tribulations they endure is what makes their art so
enduring. It colours their art, makes it stand out from what a regular
joe would produce. It is the difference between being a trend setter
and a cover band. If Lennon and Harrison lived the suburban, boring
life you want, there would have been no Beatles.
Post by WillyShears
Leave them the flock alone, you sadist.
You keep worshipping them blindly you spotty little git. I can see why
most people here think you're thick as two short planks. In fact, it is
apparent that you are half-struck one o'clock.
Fattuchus
2014-10-11 07:08:41 UTC
John had a terrible childhood. No matter how much money and fame he accumulated, he still had emotional issues.
topazgalaxy
2014-10-09 10:22:16 UTC
Post by John Kennerson
From everything written about Lennon, he was an unstable person who did
[...]
And your intention is starting a thread like this is.....? And right before John's birthday?
Probably a similar ill intent as with the "George was no saint" thread.
BlackMonk
2014-10-09 22:17:16 UTC
Ah we knew it would only be a matter of time before the sockpuppet
shows up with her worthless rubbish.
So worthless in fact it is not worth quoting.
discussion here which immediately disqualifies you.
No one takes you seriously. Go away, troll.
w***@gmail.com
2014-10-09 22:42:37 UTC
Post by BlackMonk
Ah we knew it would only be a matter of time before the sockpuppet
shows up with her worthless rubbish.
So worthless in fact it is not worth quoting.
discussion here which immediately disqualifies you.
No one takes you seriously. Go away, troll.
no beatles fan
uses anoymous remailer
is hiding
poisoned rose
2014-10-10 17:12:19 UTC
Post by w***@gmail.com
no beatles fan
uses anoymous remailer
is hiding
Not quite a haiku, but a valiant try.
John Kennerson
2014-10-10 05:53:06 UTC
Post by BlackMonk
No one takes you seriously. Go away, troll.
You obviously do or you would not keep replying. I guess that makes you
a troll too. Not that you have contributed anything to the group
except a load of disagreeable posts.

Certainly you are an asshole.
Phil A Scheo
2014-10-10 06:05:05 UTC
I take JK seriously. He tells it like it is with marcus the ass licking Beatles shill.
BlackMonk
2014-10-10 12:19:15 UTC
It doesn't count when one troll takes another one seriously.
John Kennerson
2014-10-10 14:03:43 UTC
Post by BlackMonk
It doesn't count when one troll takes another one seriously.
It doesn't count when one troll gets upset that nobody is playing with
him anymore so he decides to call others trolls. Face it Monk, you do
not add anything to RMB. Ever. Phil has contributed a lot of
interesting new content here on a consistent basis. I add content when
I can.

You on the other hand bitch like a spoilt child who is being ignored.
So either grow up or fuck off troll.
Marcus
2014-10-10 15:47:29 UTC
Post by John Kennerson
Post by BlackMonk
It doesn't count when one troll takes another one seriously.
It doesn't count when one troll gets upset that nobody is playing with
him anymore so he decides to call others trolls. Face it Monk, you do
not add anything to RMB. Ever. Phil has contributed a lot of
interesting new content here on a consistent basis. I add content when
I can.
You on the other hand bitch like a spoilt child who is being ignored.
So either grow up or fuck off troll.
You can't even think cogently. Black Monk is one of the more intelligent posters in this group.

You are on the same level as the guy who used to write about smelling his own farts.
Phil A. Scheo
2014-10-10 16:33:47 UTC
You're not smart enough to properly make this judgment.
John Kennerson
2014-10-10 19:04:03 UTC
Post by Marcus
You can't even think cogently. Black Monk is one of the more
intelligent posters in this group.
Is he? The posts that he makes are all argumentative and contrary. He
adds nothing but discord to a group that seems to be left with Yoko
haters, self described intellectuals and delusional self congratulating
nancy boys.

You, being in all the above categories, have no ability to classify
anyone as intelligent since you are so childish and mentally inferior
to everyone here. It is almost pathetic how you get bitch slapped here
on a regular basis to the point where you are even more delusional than
usual. You are not really mentally fit to participate in any discussion
here because of your cognitive limitations.
Post by Marcus
You are on the same level as the guy who used to write about smelling his own farts.
Oh yeah didn't he write some book about Woodstock and all the great
contributions of the boomer generation?
BlackMonk
Go away, sockpuppet.
Marcus
2014-10-10 15:45:03 UTC
Any port in a storm, eh?
Gwynneth Himmler
2014-10-10 21:27:44 UTC
Post by Marcus
Any port in a storm, eh?
Hey Mucus, isn't that what your father said when he fucked your mother
at the 1949 Rosh Hashanna Cunt Festival?
Phil A. Scheo
2014-10-10 21:45:57 UTC
LOL......I think his father actually cornholed another guy there.
BlackMonk
Go away, troll.
John Kennerson
2014-10-10 16:23:52 UTC
Post by BlackMonk
Go away, troll.
Very poor comeback. A further sign that you are indeed an asshole who
nobody takes seriously. All you seem to do is argue with people.

No content, just arguments=BM LOSER/TROLL
BlackMonk
Go away, troll.
UsurperTom
2014-10-14 22:08:04 UTC
A further sign that you are indeed an asshole who nobody takes seriously.
He is indeed an asshole. That sanctimonious prick thinks anyone who disagrees with him is a troll.
RichL
2014-10-14 22:21:39 UTC
Post by UsurperTom
A further sign that you are indeed an asshole who nobody takes seriously.
He is indeed an asshole. That sanctimonious prick thinks anyone who
disagrees with him is a troll.
That's not true. But BlackMonk makes a reasonable assumption (valid in at
least this instance) that a person who uses an anonymous remailer and who
constantly shifts identities is here to troll.
Kaili
I used to change nyms out of boredom. I used different e-mail addys because Google Groups used to have daily post limits; they may still have post limits for all I know, but I hardly post here anymore so I never hit my limit.
RichL
But at least the sentient beings among us always knew who you were.
v***@gmail.com
2017-12-31 13:18:14 UTC
Post by Kaili
Post by RichL
Post by UsurperTom
A further sign that you are indeed an asshole who nobody takes seriously.
He is indeed an asshole. That sanctimonious prick thinks anyone who
disagrees with him is a troll.
That's not true. But BlackMonk makes a reasonable assumption (valid in at
least this instance) that a person who uses an anonymous remailer and who
constantly shifts identities is here to troll.
I used to change nyms out of boredom. I used different e-mail addys because Google Groups used to have daily post limits; they may still have post limits for all I know, but I hardly post here anymore so I never hit my limit.
Ryan Andrews, Erie, Pa

BlackMonk
2014-10-15 00:51:56 UTC
Post by UsurperTom
A further sign that you are indeed an asshole who nobody takes seriously.
He is indeed an asshole. That sanctimonious prick thinks anyone who
disagrees with him is a troll.
That's not true. But BlackMonk makes a reasonable assumption (valid in
at least this instance) that a person who uses an anonymous remailer and
who constantly shifts identities is here to troll.
Aww, slurpy still has a crush on me. That's sweet. A bit disturbing, as
well.
jtees4
2014-10-09 13:13:17 UTC
On Wed, 8 Oct 2014 17:10:50 -0400 (EDT), John Kennerson
Post by John Kennerson
From everything written about Lennon, he was an unstable person who did
[...]
I think you are mostly correct about what John was, but you left out
"great musician". You also left out that he was a horrible Dad to
Julian. And he certainly did not hate his Mother. And when he died all
was not forgotten, in fact for me....I've learned more of the bad
things about him since he died, in many cases long after he died. What
he was was HUMAN, faults and all. All humans are hypocrites IMHO, some
to larger degrees than others.

*************
Some of my music:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=789610
John Kennerson
2014-10-09 15:52:09 UTC
Post by jtees4
I think you are mostly correct about what John was, but you left out
"great musician". You also left out that he was a horrible Dad to
Julian. And he certainly did not hate his Mother. And when he died all
was not forgotten, in fact for me....I've learned more of the bad
things about him since he died, in many cases long after he died. What
he was was HUMAN, faults and all. All humans are hypocrites IMHO, some
to larger degrees than others.
Thanks for your excellent reply. It is good to finally speak with an
actual Beatles fan instead of the trolls here.

I am not so sure he was a great musician as much as he was a great
songwriter. Top class in that regard and has left us a legacy of some
unforgettable songs. A few forgettable ones too.

You are correct that he was a horrible father to Julian. I think he
tried to make up for that later in life but the damage was already
done. And he just completely broke Cynthia's heart if not her psyche.
Although she should have prepared for it because he did mention during
the Beatles that if it weren't for her getting pregnant, they would not
have married. So he probably felt some resentment and pressure even
though it was partly his fault.

He was human, and that is what I am trying to portray here. Macca had
an interesting comment not too long after Lennon's death. He mentioned
that Lennon's assassination turned Lennon into the martyr he never
wanted to be. That is so true. In fact a lot of the nasty things he did
in life were pushed aside in an effort to deify him.
Fattuchus
2014-10-11 07:06:04 UTC
Post by John Kennerson
From everything written about Lennon, he was an unstable person who did
not live the life he preached.
He cheated on his women and beat them.
Cynthia said he hit her only once, before they married. She forgave him and married him.

Yoko said he never hit her.

Of course they way John treated May was awful.
Post by John Kennerson
He was a drug addict who masked his addiction by claiming it was part
of his self discovery and aided in his creative powers.
IMO Lennon was into drugs because he was mentally ill; he self medicated himself in part to relieve his misery. Yes, his drug use was awful, but I think Lennon was sick so he deserves sympathy, not hate.

He spoke out of
Post by John Kennerson
both sides of his mouth when it came to spiritual issues. On one hand
claiming there is no Jesus and on the other hand claiming to be Jesus.
You are totally confused.
Post by John Kennerson
He claimed eternal love for Yoko yet he cheated on her which drove her
to kick him out.
Love and sex are not the same. And he was drunk out of his mind when he cheated on her.

If he hated Yoko, you think this is bad? LOL
Will Dockery
2014-10-19 15:01:20 UTC
Post by John Kennerson
The irony is that when he died all this was forgotten and with each
passing honour, he became the saint he claimed he never wanted to be.
It has never been any "secret" that Lennon had rough edges... the biographies are filled with his antics, Hamburg and Liverpool youth most of all.